Jarman leads as dean

Jarman

Jarman

We welcome Derek Jarman as our new dean of students here at CM! He was a teacher at Meadowbrook Intermediate School for 11 years, and this is his first year here.

Jarman went to Roxana High School and received his degrees from Lewis and Clark (Associates), Western Illinois University (Bachelor), Greenville (Master) and SIUE (Specialist). His wife is a nurse and they have three kids together, Jackson who is three, Scarlett who is five and Hudson who is eight.

“I love the friendliness of all the students and staff members, as well as the positive community culture feel of the school. I also love all the new improvements to the commons, hallways, and stadium!” Jarman said when asked about what he loves most about CM.

His hobbies include traveling, watching sports, coaching, and hanging out with his family.

Jarman offered some advice for the students at CM to think about! “Always focus where your feet are (always be present). Think about your future and college/career path often, but do not drive yourself crazy over that. Connect with as many people as you can, build them up, and make each place you go better than you found it. You are a reflection of the five people you spend most time with. There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need them to change your life or you’re the one that will change theirs.”