CM gears up for Halloween

CM gears up for Halloween

Halloween is right around the corner as students and staff here at CM gear up for this awesome holiday! After interviewing several people, here’s what they have to say about their activities planned. Cali Vance (9th) stated, “I really want to go to haunted houses this year, I haven’t been before and I’m super excited!” Some students are not going out with friends but instead passing out candy! Kylie Coleman (9th) stated, “I plan to hand out candy to kids in my neighborhood! I also love seeing all of the costumes.”

On October 30th from 5-7 pm, the CMHS American Education Students are hosting a “Trunk or Treat” here at Civic Memorial. The community is encouraged to enjoy the haunted hallways of CM. If you have any questions regarding information about the event please feel free to email Angie Neilson at [email protected].

There is also a Halloween parade for all to attend here in Bethalto. The parade is sponsored by the Rotary Club and begins at 6:30 pm on October 27 in the Rose Lawn Cemetery. Go watch the parade, and you are guaranteed to have candy thrown your way! “Of course I’m going! It’s a tradition in my family every year!” says freshman Abigail Harms.

Teachers, as well, are getting ready to enjoy a spooky night. English teacher Jacob Carlson plans to go trick or treating with his son, Peter, and his wife. He also plans to host a haunted trail.

With Halloween comes monsters and scary movies! Students were asked what their favorite Halloween character/movie they liked most. Patrick Hale (9th) stated, “My favorite scary movie would have to be Halloween (2007 version specifically). I have not seen Halloween Ends yet but I plan to.”

Certain Bethalto neighborhoods have the reputation as being great trick-or-treat destinations.Patriots Crossing and Whispering Oaks are quite popular. The initial starting time for trick or treating in the following neighborhoods will be on October 30th and 31st from 6-9 pm.

Some high school students still enjoy trick or treating. Many people go with their friends and make a whole night out of it. “Me and my friends are going as the characters in The Nightmare Before Christmas. We are so excited!” said freshman Keely Windsor.

Another popular event this year is the Bethalto parade on October 25th at 6:00 pm The parade will be followed by a trunk or treat event located at Central Park.

Happy Halloween!