Starting second semester . . .

Starting second semester . . .

For the students here at CM, the first few days after winter break are slow and tired ones. You could never tell by the look on the faces of the kids that a new, promising year has begun. I asked some of the students here at CM what the hardest part of getting back into the routine of school is. Is it the early mornings? Is it eating the school’s lunches? Or is it starting the new semester classes that are not the most favored ones? I asked the students all of these questions (plus some more), and this is what they had to say.

For freshman Merkenna Phillips, the hardest part of going back to school from winter break for her is jumping right back into the school workload. Specifically for her, honors geometry is the most daunting class to get back into. When I asked her the simple question, “How easy is it to come back from winter break?”, she replied with, “Nothing about going back to school is too hard, other than getting back into the swing of honor geometry. We do a lot in that class and it can be difficult to get straight back into it.” (Merkenna Phillips) For Merkenna the hardest part is a class she has been taking, but for some students, like Savannah McDonnell, the hardest part of going into the new school semester is her new classes. She had this to say about her new classes, “My new schedule for the rest of the school year has all the required classes, and I’m not too excited about them. I would like to get past freshman year though so I guess I’ll have to endure!” (Savannah McDonnell) Hard classes and new semester schedules are some of the ways students find it hard to come back from winter break.

Coming back from a long break isn’t easy for anyone, especially winter break. For some it is their new school schedule, and for others it is their new classes. But, everyday that goes by will get easier and the days will go by faster. So don’t worry students of CM, spring break will be here in no time!