Norris new to CM, but not district

Norris new to CM, but not district

Have you seen some new faces in the school this year? Among these new faculty is our assistant principal Mrs. Shelby Norris. Mrs. Norris graduated from our very own CMHS is 2002. She continued after high school to attend SIUE to receive her bachelor’s degree in Special Education and her master’s degree in Educational Administration.

Mrs. Norris has been working in the BCUSD8 school district for twelve years. She has previously worked at Trimpe and the Simpson Achievement Center. She has also worked at CM west in the Make Good Choices (MGC) program as the dean of students. Mrs. Norris has been married for 9 years and has a son named Hudson who is four years old. In her free time, she enjoys camping and spending time with her family.

Throughout the school day, students will see Mrs. Norris evaluating and checking in on classrooms and teachers. She can often be seen monitoring the commons before school, during lunch, and after school. She also talks to, and monitors, students about their attendance and discipline.
Mrs. Norris explains her favorite part of working at CM. “It is the best school! We have an amazing group of staff and students. I love working with students to help them reach their greatest potential. I love being a CM eagle!”

Some advice Mrs. Norris has for everyone this year is to be kind and to remind us that every day is a new day. Make sure to say hello to this new and friendly face at CM.